Heart Mission Statement
HEART (Hospitality, Education, and Recreation Team) is an organization that facilitates parents, faculty and administration working collectively on behalf and in support of the school. The organization is committed to enhancing the school experience for our children and families through enriching academic, social, and extracurricular activities.
HEART works closely with the school’s administration and staff to organize and support many of the fundraisers, programs, activities, parties and class trips throughout the school year. The organization facilitates collaboration between faculty and parents to enhance the mission of the school.
- Organize events, social functions, activities and programs that enrich our children's school experience and reinforce the values.
- Provide and promote communication between parents, teachers and administration.
- Serve as a formal channel for communication between parents and the Board of Directors.
All parents are part of the HEART organization – you are truly the heart of our wonderful school.
Friendly Face Program
In order to assist in making your family’s transition to our school a smooth one, we have begun what we call the Friendly Face Program. This program matches already enrolled families with families who are new to MRA. Of course, school administrators and teachers are always available to help in any way we can, but it is also beneficial to be in contact with other parents who can answer questions. Please let me know if you would be interested in connecting with another family and I would be happy to set that up.
Room Parent Job Description
- Work effectively with classroom teacher.
- Assist in classroom activities.
- Help build friendly relations among parents in the classroom.
- Encourage teacher(s) and parents to develop a “team effort” between home and school.
- Interpret and promote the work of HEART within the school and community.
- Provide teacher with assistance with classroom projects, Fall Festival, field trips, celebrations, etc.
- Develop class roster and distribute it to each family.
- Set up an e-mail distribution for advising parents of special class activities.
- Coordinate with parents for a small token (cards, gift card, etc.) around the holidays.
- Coordinating teacher appreciation activities for Teacher Appreciation Week
- Make every effort to attend HEART meetings and share relevant information with parents.
- Involve as many parents as possible in class activities.
- Acknowledge volunteers with thank you emails.
- Work closely with HEART throughout the year for any school information.