St. John Bosco profoundly influences the mission of Mount Royal Academy
Below are a few key insights and principles of this famous apostle to the youth.
- “Without confidence and love, there can be no true education. If you want to be loved…you must love yourselves, and make your children feel that you love them.”
- “The school was not the end; it was rather the instrumental means for improving the way of life.”
- “If one is to do good, he must have a little courage, be ready for sacrifice, deal affably with all and never slight anybody. By following this method I have always had significant success, in fact, marvelous success.”
- “Act today in such a way that you need not blush tomorrow.”
- “Do not put off till tomorrow the good you can do today. You may not have a tomorrow.”
- “Let us strive to fare well in this life and in the next.”
- “Be slow to pass judgment.”
- “Do you want your companions to respect you? Always think well of everyone, and be ready to help others. Do this and you will be happy.”
- “Run, jump, have all the fun you want at the right time, but, for heaven’s sake, do not commit sin!” (from St. Philip Neri).
- “Servite Domino in laetitia!” (Serve the Lord joyfully!)